Electronic Case Filing Information
Hardware and Software Requirements
- A personal computer running Windows
- A word processing program to create documents
- An Internet Service Provider (ISP) to access ECF and email
- CM/ECF has been tested with Firefox and Internet Explorer 8,9 and 11
- Portable document format (PDF) writer (converter) software (for more information go to http://www.pacer.gov/announcements/general/pdfa.html)
- A scanner (OPTIONAL) for imaging documents that are not available in electronic format
What you need to do to prepare for future filings in this Court
- Keep your email addresses up to date
- Keep your log in and password secure
- Send the Clerk’s Office your ECF registration form by email, U.S. Mail, or hand delivery
- Register for PACER online at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov
- Attorneys should read the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- If you have any questions or need any filing assistance, call the helpdesk at 888-609-6593 or 405-609-5555.
If you would like CM/ECF training please call 405-609-5555 to schedule.
Electronic Case Filing (ECF)
ECF is the electronic case filing system for the federal courts. With ECF, case documents are filed and maintained in electronic form and most pleadings are filed over the Internet. The District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma has been working on implementation of ECF since 2002. Beginning October 14, 2003, most documents filed with this Court have been scanned by the Clerk’s Office and are available electronically through PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records). For more information about ECF, go to https://www.pacer.gov/cmecf/
U.S. Court Clerk’s Office at your Desktop
If you practice law in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, you must file most documents electronically.
(See Local Rules – LCvR 5.1 )
Required Filing of Sealed Documents
- Click here for Civil Sealed filing instructions.
- Click here for Criminal Sealed filing instructions.